Monday, November 26, 2007

Brutal Truth - Kill Trend Suicide

Released :: October 1, 1996
Length :: 33:51
Label :: Relapse Records
Producer :: Brutal Truth
Kill Trend Suicide is the fifth release by New York City band Brutal Truth. It was technically labelled as a 'mini-album' due to it being longer than an EP but not as long as a standard album.

1. Blind Leading The Blind
2. Pass Some Down
3. Let's Go To War
4. Hypocrite Invasion
5. Everflow
6. Zombie
7. Homesick
8. Humanity's Folly
9. I Killed My Family
10. Kill Trend Suicide


With about as much subtlety as knee to the groin, New York grindcore knuckle-draggers Brutal Truth cut another slew of "songs" containing "music" amid Kevin Sharp's petulant microphone molestation. But let's face it, subtlety never has been Brutal Truth's forte. Kill Trend Suicide renders me akin to the state I'm in several hours after putting my Germs records from the early 80's on 70 RPM, dropping some drexelyne, sweating like a maniac, and whipping my immediate environment into a violent frenzy. Neither of which can be terribly healthy. Before I perused the album's credits I had just assumed it was live; recorded in a single take, in someone's basement, with a single microphone, which probably fell over when the furniture started moving. Not so. Billy "Eyehategod" Anderson was indeed turning knobs at the helm, but the recording is so atrocious, one could not discern the fact anyway. Thematically DIYish, and presumably a back-handed homage to said punk influence, but all things considered, I have enough chaos in my life. Now, where'd I put those Tom Waits records...


Download? - Click Here (Brutal Truth - Kill Trend Suicide.zip)

No comments: