Friday, November 23, 2007

Contravene & Svart Aggression (split)

"Funny thing is that I'm so crazed with Contravene that I didn't realize this was a split. I mean Svart is always Swedish, but it wasn't until I listened to their side and thought - since when did Shelly start singing in Swedish - before I realized this was a split record. Duh! Thing is that it's such a good split - which pairs up two awesome bands who are very similar in sound and style. Contravene - as I said are my favorite of the season! Bringing back the classic anarchopunk style with heavy power but no crust or metal. Her voice is awesome. It's powerful and she can sing! There are also two other voices that add to the power. Musically they've got a light and powerful sound, with guitar melody that makes it super catchy. There are comparisons running through my head, but I can't quite name them. If you like your anarcho-peace punk - this band is where I'm placing all of my hope! Svart Aggression are rad because they also have female vocals - dual male-female actually. They've got a similar style of power and energy mixed with catchy melody. The accents are distinct and the male vocals are pretty gravely and the guitars are slightly heavy and metallic - and a bit more in the ultimate crust style. What an awesome split!!! These two bands rule and I'm loving the anarcho-punk!!!" (-Chris/Slug and Lettuce #66)

Contravene gives one long song of political and catchy anarchopunk with female/male vocals paired with Svart Aggression (ex-members of Operation) who give 2 songs of their style of great anarchopunk/crust with female/male vocals. Record includes a small booklet with lyrics, song explinations, and more!


Download? - Click Here (Contravene & Svart Aggression (split).rar)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could you re-up, pliss?