Sunday, November 25, 2007

Naturecore - With Love...

NATURECORE - With Love... 12"

Tam was one of my first buddies when I moved to Hollywood. I remember just hanging out at her house with a girl from Conflict, eating spaghetti and just chatting for hours. In all that time, I think I only ever saw Naturecore play once. Seems like they were always in some sort of weird flux. They were great live. I remember her giving me a really great demo tape early on and thinking that they were the most amazing band in California.

Now, I think this record is fine. I like the songs and I can respect the sentiments. I just know that there is a better recording out there somewhere. The vocals aren't as good as the tape I had and the mastering is so totally thin, it sounds like it might have been mastered off of a cassette tape. But I still dig it. The Box is still a strong number and shows how far outside the norm the band were reaching in contrast to other anarcho type bands in So Cal that were their peers like A//Solution or Another Destructive System or even Final Conflict. The fast tracks are tight if you want to you can imagine how powerful this material was live in front of a churning audience of black clad freaks.

Download? - Click Here (Naturecore - With Love12''.zip)

1 comment:

Renato said...

Hi there,
nice little story.
This is Ren, the guitarist, and male voice of Naturecore.
Yeah, you´re right, the recording was very thin and was taken off a cassette. We lost the master tape and that is all we had.
There was a recording of the show we played with Final Conflict, but someone stole it that night right out of the tape recorder. I tried for years to persuade someone to give it up, but it´s gone. There were also fotos taken by Al Flipside, but he never wanted to give them up either. so,...I´d like to re-release it on CD, with some stuff from the second version of NatureCore, with Tony from Armistice on vocals. It was really different and more melodic. They name changed to Black Apple Forest, though it was kind of lame. Anyhow, do you have the NatureCore songs downloaded anywhere? I dont even have them!!
ciao,
Ren
vanzetti1927@hotmail.com

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user